1 / 1 Picture by: cooking.dot
Hot Chicken Salad
- 80ml olive oil (halved)
- 8 rashers bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 cos lettuce, cut into strips
- 4 vine tomatoes, sliced into eighths
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 orange capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 5cm of cucumber, cut into strips
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium red chilli, finely chopped
Preparation:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Heat half the olive oil, and fry the bacon until very crispy, then remove bacon from the pan.
- Fry the chicken in the remaining bacon fat and remove when browned and cooked through.
- Put your sliced salad ingredients into a large serving bowl.
- Finally, add the chilli to the frying pan, then add the rest of the oil, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar and bring to the boil.
- Add the bacon and chicken pieces and stir through till reheated then pour all of the hot mixture onto the bowl of salad.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!