Hot Chicken Salad
6 people made this
This is a great salad to serve at the dinner table because the chicken and bacon are added hot with a sizzle! Delicious.
80ml olive oil (halved)
8 rashers bacon, cut into small pieces
2 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1 cos lettuce, cut into strips
4 vine tomatoes, sliced into eighths
1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
1 orange capsicum, thinly sliced
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
5cm of cucumber, cut into strips
1/2 large lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 medium red chilli, finely chopped
- Heat half the olive oil, and fry the bacon until very crispy, then remove bacon from the pan.
- Fry the chicken in the remaining bacon fat and remove when browned and cooked through.
- Put your sliced salad ingredients into a large serving bowl.
- Finally, add the chilli to the frying pan, then add the rest of the oil, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar and bring to the boil.
- Add the bacon and chicken pieces and stir through till reheated then pour all of the hot mixture onto the bowl of salad.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate