1 / 1
2 people made this
Amazing fresh, easy prawn toast. Now you can make this delicious Chinese dim sum favourite at home.
Makes: 31 toasts
200g peeled prawns
1 egg white
1 clove garlic
3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
1 tablespoon cornflour
2 spring onions
1 pinch ginger (optional)
8 slices white bread
cooking oil as needed for deep frying
- Put all ingredients except bread and sesame seeds in food processor then blend to a paste.
- Remove crusts from bread and cut each piece of bread into 4 triangles.
- Spread the paste on 1 side of the bread and press down as much as possible.
- Sprinkle on sesame seeds or place the seeds on a plate or chopping board and then press the toasts paste side down into the seeds. Only seed the paste side.
- Heat 5 to 7cm of oil in a pan or wok, until hot but not smoking. Place your toasts into the oil and fry for 30 to 50 seconds each side or as desired and enjoy.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate