Arepas (Miami Pancakes) with Swiss Cheese
This is a very popular street food in Miami and perfect for a hot summer day or a picnic! Add you favourite toppings to this versatile dish.
Be the first to make this!
1 cup milk
5 tablespoon butter
2 1/2 cups masarepa (yellow cornmeal), or similar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup mozzarella
1/3 cup water
6 -8 slices swiss cheese
- Boil milk and add butter. Set aside. Combine the masarepa, salt, sugar and grated mozzarella.
- Mix in milk mixture slowly and work into dough. Add extra water if needed.
- Roll out dough and then cut out round 7cm pieces.
- Heat on griddle until crispy and brown.
- Place a slice of swiss chees in between arepas and reheat on the griddle until the cheese melts.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 220.127.116.11