1 / 1 Picture by: NATALIESHD
Crunchy ginger crust cheesecake
Serves : 6
- for the base
- 60g butter
- 30g rolled oats
- 90g gingernut biscuits
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- for the cake
- 450g cottage cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 15g butter/margarine
- 60g caster sugar
- 2tsps lemon juice
Preparation:30min › Cook:1hour30min › Ready in:2hours
- To make the base; grease a pie plate or springform cake tin well. Crush gingernut biscuits, but remember the bigger the chunks, the crunchier the base. Mix with the oats, sugar and vanilla.
- Melt butter in a pan and add to biscuit mixture. Stir for 1-2 mins. When cool enough to handle press the mixture into the and sides base of the tin.
- To make the cake; preheat an oven to 190degrees C.
- Place the cottage cheese in a bowl and mix in the cornflour, butter, lemon juice and castor sugar and one egg; stir together until smooth. Add the other egg, making sure it is mixed in thoroughly.
- Pour into the prepared tin and cook in preheated oven for 1 hour. After one hour, turn off oven and leave for a further 30 minutes before removing the cheesecake from the oven. Carefully remove from tin when cool, or serve directly in the pie dish.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!