1 / 1
Be the first to make this!
A delicious and festive looking tiramisu that is made in a round cake tin with a border of amaretto-scented sponge fingers.
Makes: 1 tiramisu cake
250g chocolate biscuits
50g melted butter
150g sponge fingers
amaretto, as needed
4-5 sheets gelatine
1/2 cup (125ml espresso)
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Extra time:4hours chilling ›
- Line a 24cm round cake tin with baking paper. Dissolve the gelatine in the hot coffee and let cool.
- Crumble the chocolate biscuits, mix with the melted butter and press into the bottom of the cake tin.
- Lightly dip the sponge fingers in amaretto and use to line the sides of the tin, with the fingers pointing vertically.
- Whip the cream with the sugar, beat in the mascapone, then mix in the cooled coffee. Pour half the mixture into the cake tin.
- Dip more sponge fingers in amaretto and create a layer in the cake over the cream. Pour in remaining cream and smooth the top.
- Chill 4 hours in the fridge, then dust with cocoa and cinnamon before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate