1 / 1
2 people made this
Soft and slightly spicy, this recipe is very easy to prepare, and fun to do with the help of children. If you want to turn them into cupcakes for Halloween.
Makes: 12 small muffins
a pinch baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bi carb soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground ginger
1 pinch grated nutmeg
1 pinch clove powder
1 pinch salt
60ml extra virgin olive oil
50g raisins, optional
- Cut the pumpkin into slices, remove the seeds then steam until it is soft. It will take about 20 minutes. Mash the pumpkin with a fork or pass it through a sieve. Measure 125g.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Prepare a 12 whole muffins tray with paper cups.
- In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients. Flour, baking powde, bi carb, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- In a large bowl mix the sugar, olive oil, water and egg. Add the pumpkin puree and mix well. Add the dry ingredients and stir briefly.
- With the help of an ice cream ice cream scoop or a small ladle, add the mixture in the cups. Fill them to 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. After the first 25 minutes, check muffins by inserting a skewer in the centre of a muffin, when cooked it will come out dry.
- Remove the muffin tray from the oven and let sit on a wire rack for ten minutes. When they are cool enough to be handled, transfer them on the wire rack and let cool completely.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate