Soft and slightly spicy, this recipe is very easy to prepare, and fun to do with the help of children. If you want to turn them into cupcakes for Halloween.
3 people made this
Makes: 12 small muffins
a pinch baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bi carb soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground ginger
1 pinch grated nutmeg
1 pinch clove powder
1 pinch salt
60ml extra virgin olive oil
50g raisins, optional
- Cut the pumpkin into slices, remove the seeds then steam until it is soft. It will take about 20 minutes. Mash the pumpkin with a fork or pass it through a sieve. Measure 125g.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Prepare a 12 whole muffins tray with paper cups.
- In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients. Flour, baking powde, bi carb, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- In a large bowl mix the sugar, olive oil, water and egg. Add the pumpkin puree and mix well. Add the dry ingredients and stir briefly.
- With the help of an ice cream ice cream scoop or a small ladle, add the mixture in the cups. Fill them to 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. After the first 25 minutes, check muffins by inserting a skewer in the centre of a muffin, when cooked it will come out dry.
- Remove the muffin tray from the oven and let sit on a wire rack for ten minutes. When they are cool enough to be handled, transfer them on the wire rack and let cool completely.
Reviews and Ratings
User's IP: 220.127.116.11