Glorious apple muffins!
- 200g plain flour
- 100g white sugar
- 50g brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 90ml low fat milk
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 large apples
- 5 drops vanilla essence
Preparation:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C and add patty cups to muffin tray.
- Measure out flour, sugars, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Leave to one side.
- Prepare apples, peeling and cutting into small pieces. Measure out milk and vegetable oil, and lightly beat the egg.
- Add the liquids to the dry ingredients and beat together. Add the vanilla. Mix in the apple pieces and place mixture in muffin cups. Add a sprinkle of icing sugar on top of each.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top, and enjoy!
they are ..... i cant find a word that decribes how good they are! im like on this apple muffin natural high and drooling. i have to literally stop myself from going for more because ive already had three! - 16 May 2012
these are great muffins. I added cinnamon to the mix and sprinkled with brown sugar on top before baking. Kids really loved them. - 30 Jan 2012
WOW - I read all the reviews and thought, they can't be THAT good can they? mmm - YES THEY CAN! as the name describes, they are glorious. I don't have kitchen scales, so I used 1 1/2 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar. (Australian cups that is). PERFECT! - 04 May 2013