1 / 1
8 people made this
Baked clementine oranges? Yes! You have to try it this Christmas. To eat, just remove the spices, peel and savour!
Makes: 6 baked clementines
6 clementine mandarins
1 vanilla bean
2 cinnamon sticks
6 star anise
1/2 tablespoon icing sugar
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Blanch whole and unpeeled clementines for 1 minute. Drain. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- With a sharp knife, make three small slits in the top of each clementine.
- 'Unroll' the cinnamon sticks to break each into 3 long strips. Insert a stick into a slit in each clementine, pushing in a centimetre or two.
- Cut the vanilla bean into three equal lengths and slice each piece lengthwise. Insert into a slit in each clementine. Do the same with one of the prongs of each star anise.
- Place the clementines on a baking tray or dish and cook 15 minutes. Remove from oven, place on a pretty plate and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate