1 person made this
This lovely Christmas style fruitcake combines mixed dried fruit and nuts and is brushed with a honey and whiskey mix after baking for a final delicious touch.
Makes: 1 cake
1/2 cup apple juice
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
250g candied mixed fruit
250g dried apricots, diced
1 cup tinned cherries in syrup
500g pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C and grease and flour a cake tin or loaf tin.
- In a blender, beat the apple juice, eggs and vanilla.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, bicarb soda and baking powder and mix well. Add egg mixture and stir well.
- Add raisins, candied fruit, apricots, cherries and nuts then stir well to mix.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake 1 1/2 hours or until it tests done. Remove from oven, let cool ten minutes then remove from tin.
- Mix together the honey and whiskey and brush the cake all over.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate