1 person made this
A delicious desert made with ground almonds. Sweet, nutty and perfect.
2 x 397ml tins condensed milk
2 cups (500ml) full cream milk
60g demerara sugar
150g ground almonds
1/4 ground allspice
60g ground rice
vanilla extract, to taste
a really good handful of chopped almonds or pistachios for decoration
Extra time:2hours chilling ›
- Combine all the ingredients (other than the vanilla extract, rosewater and the nuts for decoration) in a saucepan.
- Whisk over a medium heat until the mixture has thickened considerably.
- Remove from the heat. At this point the mixture will be quite thick, so to loosen it add the rosewater and the vanilla extract and whisk in well.
- Pour the mixture into espresso cups or small ramekins and sprinkle with the nuts.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate for at least two hours, or overnight.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate