- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C and spray a small loaf pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and butter until smooth and creamy.
- In another bowl mix together the mashed bananas, eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Add the banana mix to the butter mixture and beat well.
- Sift in the remaining dry ingredients, mix with a spoon until just combined.
- Pour into tin, bake for 60-65 mins. Cake is done when golden brown and firm to touch. A skewer inserted into the middle of the cake should come out clean. Time may vary with size of tin and type of oven.
- Remove cake from oven and rest the tin on its side on a cooling rack for 10 mins. Turn out and cool on rack.
Great if you want to add chopped nuts, oats, coconut, chocolate chips, etc. Can also be used for muffins, but reduce cooking time.