1 / 1
Be the first to make this!
This calzone recipe is filled with a mixture of greens, capers and olives. You can use spinach, silverbeet or any other greens you have available.
Makes: 4 calzone
1 kg mixed greens (e.g. spinach, silverbeet)
extra virgin olive oil, as needed
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small handful capers
1 small handful olives (green, black or both), pitted
salt, to taste
500g pizza dough
1 egg, beaten
- Wash the greens, roughly chop and then blanch in boiling salted water. Drain.
- Heat up a little olive oil in a frypan and fry the garlic a few seconds, then add the greens. Cook 5 minute or until wilted. Allow to cool, then add the capers, olives and salt to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Divide the pizza dough into four pieces. Roll out each piece into a circle. Add 1/4 of the vegetable mixture to each and fold in half to form a pastie shape. Seal the edges well.
- Arrange the calzone on a baking sheet and brush with a little beaten egg. Bake 30-40 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate