1 / 1 Picture by: AllrecipesVideo
- 2 cups (500ml) whole milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- rind of 1 lemon
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
Preparation:5min › Cook:20min › Extra time:2hours chilling › Ready in:2hours25min
- Gently heat the milk with the cinnamon and lemon rind for 10 minutes over medium-low heat. Do not boil.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks with the sugar till creamy. Beat in the cornflour. Continue beating till smooth and lump-free.
- Remove the cinnamon and lemon rind from the milk. Gradually add the egg yolks to the milk and beat with a whisk over low heat until mixture thickens, about 10 minutes. Bring to the boil and immediately remove from heat.
- Pour the custard into individual serving dishes and chill in the fridge till set. Serve with a biscuit on top, such as a Marie biscuit or digestive.
Watch the Video!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!