Serves : 9
- 175g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 50g butter or margarine
- half tsp paprika
- 125ml milk
- 80g Cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
Preparation:20min › Cook:25min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Grease a 9-cup muffin tin.
- Melt the butter or margarine in a small saucepan over low heat. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and paprika. In a smaller bowl mix together the eggs and milk and then add the melted butter or margarine. Mix well. Fold the milk mixture into the sifted dry ingredients and fold in with a metal spoon, but do NOT beat until smooth! The mixture should still be slightly lumpy.
- Place spoonfuls of mixture into each muffin case. Top each one with a few cubes of cheese, then add another spoonful of mixture to the top.
- Bake the muffins for 25 minutes, or until puffed and golden. Eat the muffins warm or room temperature.
Altered ingredient amounts. added bacon and diced onion. Yum - 12 Sep 2010
quick & easy. - 20 Feb 2010
These are a great savoury snack...I always prefer savoury to sweet so theyre perfect on that level. using the whole cubes of cheese works really well and I also added more grated cheese to the batter and a bit of salt. - 03 Jun 2009