1 person made this
My family adores pasta and I am always trying to create different sauces.
1 packet penne pasta
1 head of broccoli, chopped to small pieces and blanched (keep crunchy)
1 chopped red onion
1 sliced brown onion
4-5 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup plain yoghurt
1 jar of pesto
shredded cabbage (optional but great for filling up quantity and reducing the carbs)
- Put water on to boil to cook pasta. When pasta is almost cooked toss in the shredded cabbage.
- Cook brown onion and chopped garlic in frying pan.
- When pasta is cooked - drain and mix in cooked brown onion/garlic, blanched broccoli and chopped red onion.
- Stir through jar of pesto and plain yoghurt.
- Serve with a green salad.
You can reduce your carbs by adding the shredded cabbage - my boys need high carbs with the sports they are doing but I want less. The cabbage meets all our needs and everyone is happy.
Quick and easy. The broccoli stalks can be chopped up and fried lightly with the onion and garlic
- 24 Mar 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate