1 person made this
This is one of my go-to recipes when trying to stick to low fat yummy foods. And it's delicious.
Makes: 6 rolls
1 chicken breasts (350g)
4 tablespoons soy sauce
500g calrose rice
4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
6 sheets nori, seaweed
1/2 cucumber, cut into long thin slices
wasabi paste - optional
- Place the chicken in a glass/plastic bowl with 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce and leave to marinade.
- Wash the rice with 2-3 changes of water to remove excess starch - then drain well.
- Place rice in a saucepan with the water and bring to the boil with a lid on. Turn heat to low and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sit for 10 minutes. Turn rice into a non metal bowl and fluff gently with a spatula.
- Combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a microwave safe jug and heat on high for 30 seconds. Stir and heat for another 30 seconds.
- Pour over warm rice and gently turn a few times - set aside for rice to cool (refrigerate if in a hot climate).
- In a frypan, cook chicken breasts through. Cut into slices and set aside.
- Lay a nori sheet shiny side down and place rice on sheet and spread to 1cm (0.4in) thick, leaving a edge for rolling up.
- In the centre place a row of chicken and then a row of cucumber. Brush with a tiny amount of wasabi.
- Roll sheet from the bottom up and squeeze gently. Wrap in glad wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Cut slices to desired thickness and serve with soy sauce.
hello im going to try it
- 07 Jun 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate