1 / 1 Picture by: AllrecipesVideo
Makes: 1 loaf
- 1 kg plain flour
- 80g fresh yeast
- pinch caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon warm milk
- 375ml lukewarm milk
- 250g butter
- 200g raisins
- 250g blanched almonds, chopped
- 100g candied lemon peel
- 100g candied orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- icing sugar for dusting
Preparation:30min › Cook:1hour › Extra time:1hour15min rising › Ready in:2hours45min
- Place the flour in a large bowl and crumble the yeast over it. Sprinkle with a pinch of sugar and add a tablespoon of warm milk. Cover and let rest 15 minutes.
- Heat the butter and milk in a saucepan over low heat till melted.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yeast mixture, milk and butter mixture, salt, sugar and egg yolks. Mix until a soft dough forms. Cover bowl and let stand in a warm place about 1 hour or until the dough has risen to twice the original size.
- Shape dough into a loaf, then place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Bake in the oven at 190 degrees C for about 45 to 60 minutes.
- After baking spread with 2 tablespoons melted butter and dust with icing sugar while the loaf is still hot.
- Dust a surface with flour and turn out the dough. Add the candied peel and chopped almonds and knead into the dough. Add the raisins and knead in.
Watch a video of it being made…
Watch the Stollen Video!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!