6 people made this
This is a make-ahead recipe apart from the stuffed turkey at Christmas. This one is delicious!
1 c. margarine
3/4 c. finely chopped onion
4 c. soft bread cubes
1/2 c. dried cranberries
2 tbsp. mixed herbs
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- Break up bread into cubes - place in large container.
- Melt margarine in skillet over medium heat.
- Cook onion in margarine, stirring frequently - just until onion is tender.
- Pour margarine mixture over soft bread cubes and stir to moisten.
- Add spices and dried cranberries.
- Stir and mix well.
- Add enough chicken broth to bread cube mix to moisten.
- Place in a container - preferably a container to thaw and place directly into oven. I use a 2 quart rectangular baking dish...mainly a loaf pan.
- If frozen....thaw for approx. 30 minutes. If making from fresh - cover and bake in a 160 C. oven and for 30 minutes
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.
I made this 3 days ahead and placed it in the freezer for my turkey day.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate