1 / 1 Picture by: BaZa
Lamb Shanks and Parsley Sauce
- 6 lamb shanks, trimmed
- 2 medium carrots, finely diced
- 2 brown onions, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) beef stock
- 1 cup (250ml) red wine
- Parsley Sauce
- 60g butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup (250ml) hot milk
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Preparation:30min › Cook:2hours › Extra time:1hour › Ready in:3hours30min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Place shanks, carrots, onions, garlic and herbs in a large ovenproof dish.
- Combine stock and wine and pour over shanks and vegetables. Cover and cook in oven for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 150 degrees C and cook for a further 1 1/2hrs or until shanks are tender.
- Remove shanks; strain and reserve liquid. Place strained liquid into a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil; simmer, uncovered, until reduced by half.
- Parsley Sauce: Melt butter in a small saucepan; add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in reduced cooking liquid & hot milk. Cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in parsley. Season to taste.
- Serve shanks drizzled with parsley sauce.
Terrible..Not cooked nearly long enough... Another 1 hr at least would be closer to the mark.. - 16 Feb 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!