1 / 1 Picture by: AllrecipesVideo
- 6 eggs, separated
- 100g caster sugar
- 125g self-rasing flour
- zest of one lime
- 350ml condensed milk
- 350ml evaporated milk
- 250ml double cream
- 1 dash amaretto or dark rum
- 1 small tin peach slices, drained
- 250ml whipped cream
- extra lime zest
Preparation:25min › Cook:50min › Extra time:1hour chilling › Ready in:2hours15min
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour a 23cm springform cake tin.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Add 1/2 of the sugar and continue beating till the sugar is dissolved.
- With clean beaters, beat the egg yolks until creamy. Add remaining 1/2 of the sugar and continue beating till pale.
- Fold the egg yolks into the egg whites. Sift over the flour and fold in. Fold in the lime zest. Tip the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Turn off the oven and keep the cake in the oven for a further 20 minutes. Do not open the oven.
- Meanwhile, prepare the 'three milks' mixture by blending the condensed milk, evaporated milk, double cream and amaretto or rum until well combined.
- Remove the cake from the tin and place on a serving plate. Pierce the cake several times across the top with a fork. Pour over the 'three milks' mixture. Place cake in the fridge for about an hour to chill and allow the milk mixture to soak in.
- Before serving, garnish the top of the cake with peach slices, whipped cream and lime zest. Enjoy!
Easy Tres Leches Cake
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!