1 / 1 Picture by:
Makes : 12 bars
- FOR SHORTBREAD
- 1 2/3 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cups of white sugar
- tablespoon vanilla essence
- 165g butter, melted
- FOR CARAMEL
- one tin Nestle caramel
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- FOR CHOCOLATE
- 375g Cadbury's Melts (melted using double boiler method)
- shot of kahlua
- shot of Amaretto
- sachet of cappuccino powder
Preparation:10min › Cook:15min › Extra time:4hours chilling › Ready in:4hours25min
- Start off with preheating oven to 190 C and buttering up your tin, I used a 30x20cm tin.
- Mix flour, sugar, vanilla essence and the melted butter until you get bread crumbs.
- Then you put the tin in the oven for literally a few seconds just to get the butter to melt a little bit. Take out the tin and put on top of a hot tin safe place.
- Put the crumbs in the tin (being really careful not to burn yourself) press down on the mixture to make sure it's covering the corners of the tin and also to make sure it's level.
- Cook for up to 15 mins. Any longer and the sides will turn to brown.
- While this is cooling down, it's time to start on the caramel. Put it on the hob to simmer with the maple syrup.
- Once the shortbread is cooled down, pour the caramel on top then put in fridge for 3 hours.
- 10 minutes before the mixture has finished setting, start melting the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over hot water. Mix in the cappuccino sachet, and once chocolate is melted pour the shots of liquor into the chocolate and taste to see if it's the right amount.
- Return to the fridge to set again for 20 mins, take out and slice then put back in for a further 40 mins.
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!