1 / 1
5 people made this
Similar to Tiramisu but with berries. I got this recipe of a friend (thanks Mary K) and have made this 3 times now and there is NEVER any leftovers.
1/3 cup drinking chocolate powder
2 eggs, separated
1/3 cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
300ml thickened cream, whipped
2 x 250g packets of sponge fingers
2 x 125g punnets blueberries
2 x 120g punnets raspberries
1 x 375g punnet strawberries, sliced
Icing sugar to dust (optional)
Extra time:4hours chilling ›
- In a bowl, dissolve chocolate powder in 2 cups of boiling water. Stir, then set aside to cool.
- Using electric beaters, beat egg yolks and sugar for 5 minutes or until light and creamy.
- Add marscapone and vanilla and beat briefly to combine.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- In a clean bowl, with clean beaters, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold in the marscapone mixture.
- Dip the sponge fingers one at a time, into the chocolate-water mixture and arrange in a single layer over the base of a 20cm x 30cm baking dish (make sure it is deep).
- Spread half of the cream mixture over the biscuits, then tap the dish gently on bench to settle the mixture.
- Arrange half berries on top of the cream. Repeat with a layer of dipped sponge fingers and remaining cream.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, arrange the remaining berries on top of the last layer.
- Dust lightly with icing sugar.
Serves 6 - 8 people and it takes more than 30 minutes to prepare
I've been making this for Christmas Day for the last couple of years and it always goes down a treat. Everyone loves it!
- 29 Dec 2016
Write a review
Click on stars to rate