Spicy Roasted Red Capsicum Hummus
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 125g roasted red capsicums from a jar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- small handful chopped fresh parsley
Preparation:10min › Ready in:10min
- In an electric blender or food processor purée the chickpeas, red capsicums, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin, cayenne and salt. Process, using long pulses, until the mixture is fairly smooth and slightly fluffy. Make sure to scrape the mixture off the sides of the food processor or blender in between pulses.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (The hummus can be made up to 3 days ahead and refrigerated).
- Return to room temperature before serving. Sprinkle the hummus with the chopped parsley before serving. Drizzle with olive oil if desired.
this is sensational, was a huge hit at a dinner party, highly recommend - 05 Dec 2010
Magnificent! This dip had so much flavour, and is quite healthy at the same time. I'll definitely be adding it to my regular favourites. - 30 May 2009
This is my favourite houmous recipe. It's easy to make, very inexpensive and I can adjust the garlic and cayenne pepper to suit my taste (I like a lot of both). I have this on hand all the time as a treat for me! It's not as high fat/high calorie as some other houmous recipes. The colour is really pretty too. - 08 Oct 2008