Girlled Parmesan Lemon Hoki
- 4 (130g) hoki fillets
- 2 tablespoons all purpose seasoning
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
Preparation:15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:25min
- Preheat the oven's griller and set the oven rack about 15cm from the heat source. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and spray it with olive oil spray.
- Sprinkle hoki with all purpose seasoning and arrange on the prepared tray.
- Mix the Parmesan cheese, butter or margarine, light mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, basil, black pepper, onion powder and celery salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook the fillets under the preheated griller until fish is barely opaque, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Spread the Parmesan cheese blend over the fish fillets then return to oven and continue cooking until the topping is golden brown and the fish flakes easily, 3 to 5 more minutes.
This recipe called for hoki but you can use any white fish that you are keen on such as tarakihi or gurnard.
Saving to the arsenal of fish recipes. Made a very nice change to the ways we usually cook fish. - 01 Apr 2014