Hearty Vegetable and Lentil Soup with Smoked Sausage
1 person made this
This is thick and tasty soup, perfect for warming up on a winter's day.
1 1/2 onion
4-5 cloves garlic
4 small carrots
3 small sticks celery
8-10 new potatoes
2 chicken stock cubes
1 cup dried lentils
4 thick smoked pork sausages
1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Dice all the vegetables and onion, peel and mince garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based pot, sauté the onion and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetables and herbs to the pot, stir to coat with the oil and cook for a few minutes to soften.
- Dissolve the chicken stock cubes in hot water and add to the pot, add the lentils, stir and when the pot is boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer.
- In a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, brown the sausages on all sides. Add sausages to the soup pot and check the liquid – add more water if needed.
- Simmer for at least 1 hour, checking the consistency and adding more water if needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with warm fresh crusty bread.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate