1 / 1 Picture by: Paige
- 1 1/2 onion
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 4 small carrots
- 3 small sticks celery
- 1-2 leeks
- 8-10 new potatoes
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 4 thick smoked pork sausages
- coriander seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
Preparation:10min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour10min
- Dice all the vegetables and onion, peel and mince garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based pot, sauté the onion and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetables and herbs to the pot, stir to coat with the oil and cook for a few minutes to soften.
- Dissolve the chicken stock cubes in hot water and add to the pot, add the lentils, stir and when the pot is boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer.
- In a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, brown the sausages on all sides. Add sausages to the soup pot and check the liquid – add more water if needed.
- Simmer for at least 1 hour, checking the consistency and adding more water if needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with warm fresh crusty bread.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!