1 person made this
A Louisiana favourite. Delicious for a night in.
1 cup Flour
Pinch Cayenne Pepper
2 Beaten Eggs
1 cup Cornmeal
2 litres Olive Oil
4 Mini Baguettes or Fancy Rolls
Fresh Lettuce and Red Onion
- Cover the Oysters in flour and shake off the excess
- Dip Oysters in Egg and roll them in cornmeal
- Deep Fry in the oil until the coating is golden brown. Drain well and put aside
- Heat chosen bread under a oven grill at 150 degrees for around 3 minutes, or until browned, but still soft in the middle.
- Place 4 Oysters in each bun, and serve with lettuce and onion in the bun.
- Add hot sauce or tartare if wanted.
Serve it like a hot dog with cheese or relish.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate