1 / 1 Picture by: spookylean
- 3/4 cup white rice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 thinly sliced yellow onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup light cream
- parsley, to garnish
Preparation:10min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour10min
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C. Boil the rice in salted water for exactly 5 minutes, then drain.
- Heat the butter in a heavy-bottomed casserole dish until it foams, then stir in the onions. As soon as they are well coated with butter, stir in the rice and salt and pepper.
- Cover with a lid and place in the oven to cook slowly for 1 hour, stirring twice in the cooking time (this may also be cooked in advance and reheated later up to this step).
- Just before serving, stir in the cheese and cream. Turn out onto a hot vegetable dish and sprinkle with parsley.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!