Vegan Chocolate Cake
- 3 1/4 cups (410g) plain flour, sifted
- 2 cups (440g) caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons good quality cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons bicarb soda
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
Preparation:15min › Cook:40min › Ready in:55min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour a 23x30cm cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and bicarb soda. Make a well in the centre and pour in the oil, vinegar, water and vanilla essence.
- Mix well, then pour into the cake pan. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Used different ingredients. Wow! I added chocolate chips (4tbsp) to the recipe. I would make this again and let the kids help out. I'm fat gram conscious, and this is a good lower fat recipe. - 18 Jul 2008
Easy Peasy !! Made this into cupcakes, they are very morish and everyone loves them... added another 90grms of sugar and just used plain vinegar - 17 Jul 2010
Baked this for a birthday and it was moist and fluffy and melted in your mouth! Combined with the cheerful butter icing recipe and it was a smash! Better than other chocolate cake recipes that I've tried. - 16 Sep 2009