Slow cook gluten free Apricot Chicken with cardamon
- 500g chicken tender loin or breast fillet sliced
- 1 small white onion diced
- 2 tbspn white or demarara sugar
- 1 tspn ground cardamon
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 825 gm tinned apricot halves in juice
- 1 bud star anise
- 1 tbspn Gluten free corn flour (optional)
Preparation:10min › Cook:6hours › Ready in:6hours10min
- Place white wine, diced onion, sugar, star anise and cardamon into a small saucepan and stir over heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour sugar and onion mixture into slow cooker and add chicken and apricot halves. Pour in juice and mix. Hold back half a cup of juice for thickening if required.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hrs. Sauce can be thickened with a tablespoon of wheat free corn flour mixed with held over juice.
- Serve with white rice and a side of steamed chinese greens or a green salad.
Fresh apricots can be used but you will need a 425g tin of apricot nectar for moisture
Hope you like it.... I polished off the photo dish immediately after taking the pic - 15 May 2011