4 people made this
This is one of my family's favourites, my kumara salad is great for BBQs and easy to make! I use otange and purple kumara.
2 large orange kumara (sweet potatoes)
2 medium size purple kumara (sweet potatoes)
50 mls cooking oil (olive oil is best but any cooking oil will do)
50 mls white wine vinegar
1 large onon
4 rashers bacon
1 large orange cut into segments (this is optional, I prefer without the orange)
Extra time:5min ›
- Peel and chop kumaras into cubes, and bring to boil in pot.
- Dice bacon and onion, and cook in fry pan
- When kumara is cooked leave to cool in fridge for 5 or ten mins, same with the bacon and onion - leave to cool.
- Mix white wine vinegar and olive oil together in a shaker or a glass jar with a lid.
- When kumara and bacon is cool mix all ingredients together and pour oil/vinegar over... yum yum
Write a review
Click on stars to rate