Easy Rum and Raisin Bread
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 90g raisins or sultanas
- 1/2 cup water
- 315g bread flour
- 2 teaspoons dark brown soft sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 15g butter
- 2 tablespoons pure cream
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried active baking yeast
Preparation:30min › Cook:3hours › Ready in:3hours30min
- In a small bowl, pour rum over raisins. Let stand for at least 30 minutes and drain.
- Place ingredients in pan of bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Use the regular setting.
- If your machine has a Fruit setting, add the raisins at the signal, or about 5 minutes before the kneading cycle has finished.
Used different ingredients. This was a great bread. It was very moist but not too sweet. I substituted currents for the sultanas, they worked very well. - 18 Jul 2008
Something else. I did this in mini loaves and used in a Christmas hamper of four breads. I'm getting orders from my friends for a whole loaf. They love it. - 18 Jul 2008
This is a great recipe. I've made this one many times & given it for gifts. Everyone who has tasted it loves it. - 18 Jul 2008