Milagu Kuzambhu (pepper gravy)
Authentic South Indian pepper gravy. Serve over hot cooked rice.
1 person made this
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp split yellow peas (tuar dal)
1 tsp black lentils (urad dal)
1 tsp split chickpeas (channa dal)
10-15 curry leaves
4-5 red chillies
1 tsp corriander seeds
5 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp salt
tamarind - small lemon sized ball (seedless)
1 pinch hing (asafoetida)
1 1/2 cups (375ml) water
1 tsp mustard seeds
- Toast all ingredients other than tamarind, salt and hing in 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Allow the toasted mixture to cool.
- Grind the mixture with tamarind, salt and hing to fine paste with sufficient water.
- Dilute the paste with 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Heat a saucepan, heat remaining oil, add mustard seeds and allow to splutter.
- Add the diluted mixture and allow to boil till the oil separates out.
- Garnish with few curry leaves. Serve hot with rice.
See it on my blog
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 184.108.40.206