1 / 1 Picture by: Faith08
Easy Chocolate Coffee Cupcakes
- 180g margarine
- 1 2/3 cups (330g) white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 1/4 cups (280g) plain flour
- 2/3 cup (60g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) water
Preparation:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease two 12 cup muffin pans or line with 18 paper patty cups.
- In a medium bowl, beat the margarine and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla, instant coffee and cayenne pepper. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt; stir into the batter, alternating with the water, just until blended. Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan set over a wire rack. When cool, arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter and ice as desired.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!