Tuna Pasta with Pancetta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 70g pancetta, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 150g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 75g peas
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g baby spinach
- 1 (185g) tin tuna in springwater, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 500g penne
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Preparation:20min › Cook:25min › Ready in:45min
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Stir in pancetta and cook until browned. Remove to drain on paper towels.
- Return frying pan to medium heat and pour in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Stir in onion, garlic and chilli flakes. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms. Cook until they begin to give off juices.
- Turn the heat up to medium high and pour in wine. Cook about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Stir in peas, cherry tomatoes and spinach. Flake in tuna, drizzle in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cook until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook penne until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and stir into tuna mixture. Top with freshly grated Parmesan, if desired.
Used different ingredients. I enjoyed this, but would suggest using chicken or steak rather than tuna. I might try using other vegetables rather than peas for a change of flavour. It was a bit dry for our taste. I suggest using some chicken, beef or vegetable stock to the mixture. - 29 Sep 2008
wow this was a great dish had a little of everything in it ! - 29 Sep 2008
was good for canned tuna, but needed thicker sauce, imho - 29 Sep 2008