Fillet Steak Marsala
Serves : 4
- 1 kg fillet steaks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 125g butter
- small handful fresh chopped rosemary
Preparation:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Heat a large, heavy frying pan over high heat for 2 minutes, or until very hot. Season steaks with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place steaks in hot frying pan and immediately turn down the heat to medium high. Cook for 4 minutes. Turn steaks and cook for an additional 4 to 6 minutes, depending on your preference. Remove steaks from frying pan to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Remove frying pan from heat. Quickly cook the garlic for 1 to 2 minutes in the frying pan using residual heat. Return frying pan to medium low heat and add Marsala and chicken stock. Bring to the boil and reduce for 3 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in butter and rosemary. Serve sauce over steaks.
Used different ingredients. This satisfied my craving for a good steak with a fantastic sauce. I used an iron frypan to prepare this in as it allows me to get the heat very high before I put the steaks in (which makes them crusty and seals in the juices). I also sauted mushrooms and added to the sauce. I used rib eye steaks, fresh rosemary and beef stock. I also used Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper...it does make a difference. This is really an excellent recipe...a steak I would expect to get in an upscale restaurant. - 29 Sep 2008
This was the first recipe I tried from the app on my iPhone. It was absolutely delicious. I didn't have any marsala so used white wine instead and used asparagus (grilled on the hot plate) instead of broccoli. - 14 Oct 2009
Thanks Lynne , I am a man that likes to cook and this recipe was fast and easy to do.. The taste was awesome and i plan to try it over and over with maybe a few twist of my own .. Thanks again and i would tell anyone to try it you'll like it .. - 29 Sep 2008