1 / 1 Picture by: amandave
T-Bone Steak with Rosemary Mustard Sauce
- 1 (400g) T-bone steak
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup (65ml) red wine
- 2 teaspoons plain flour
- 3/4 cup (190ml) reduced-salt beef stock
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grained Dijon mustard
Preparation:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Season the steak with salt and pepper to taste. Heat the olive oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Cook the steak until nicely browned on the outside and nearly cooked to your desired degree of doneness on the inside, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove the steak from the pan and tent loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Wipe the oil from the frypan and pour in the red wine; simmer until reduced by half. Whisk the flour into the beef stock then stir into the simmering red wine along with the rosemary and Dijon mustard. Return to a boil; cook, stirring constantly until the sauce reduces slightly and thickens. Keep warm over low heat.
- Cut the meat from the bone, then slice into 1cm thick pieces. Serve with the rosemary sauce.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!