Mushrooms Sautéed with White Wine and Garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 750g mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Preparation:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add mushrooms and cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the wine and garlic and cook until most of the wine has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chives. Cook 1 minute.
Altered ingredient amounts. Add a little butter near the end to finish the dish -- also, use a variety of mushrooms for a little extra boost...I don't salt the mushrooms until the very end, as it draws out too much moisture during the saute process..sprinkle with a little fresh chopped parsley and if you like, a little grated parmeseean cheese. - 29 Sep 2008
A wonderfully yummy and easy accompaniment to steak. Remember that the mushrooms lose a lot of volume during cooking so be sure to start with far more than you think you'll need. - 29 Sep 2008
This is a great recipe but, there's no need to cook down the wine. I just heated it. We couldn't stop eating them. - 29 Sep 2008