1 / 1
87 people made this
Sweet and spiky and wonderful, this method of baking ham is a holiday classic. Make sure you use real maple syrup if you can get it, it's worth it.
2kg boneless ham
250g pineapple slices, tinned in syrup
10 whole cloves
2 cups (500ml) water
1 cup (250ml) maple syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Prick the ham with a fork. Place the pineapple slices on the ham, securing with toothpicks. Press the cloves into the ham. Place the ham in a baking dish with the water.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and mix in the syrup, brown sugar and honey until heated through. Pour 1/2 the mixture over the ham.
- Bake the ham 1 hour and 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Baste frequently with the remaining butter and syrup mixture.
- Remove the ham from heat and drain pan drippings into a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until thickened and serve with the ham.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate