1 / 1 Picture by: Carrie
Jewish Walnut Biscotti
Serves : 20
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (185g) white sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange essence
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 cups (250g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
Preparation:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees C.
- In a large bowl whip eggs and sugar until light. Mix in the orange essence and oil. Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the egg mixture along with the walnuts. Form dough into 4 logs and place them 8cm apart onto an ungreased baking tray; flatten slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and cool completely. Remove to a cutting board and slice each log into 2cm wide diagonal slices with a serrated knife. Return the slices to the baking tray, cut side down.
- Return the slices to the oven and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until toasted.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!