Pork Stuffed Capsicums
- 4 large green capsicums, tops removed, seeded
- 4 large red capsicums, tops removed, seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250g pork mince
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 330g tomato puree
- 125g feta cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preparation:20min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour20min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Place green and red capsicums in a bowl with enough warm water to cover and soak 5 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a frypan over medium heat. Place pork and onions in the frypan, season with salt and pepper and cook until pork is evenly brown. Drain grease and mix in wine and tomato puree. Continue cooking 10 minutes.
- Transfer frypan mixture to a large bowl and mix in feta cheese, cooked rice, raisins, pine nuts and parsley. Stuff capsicums with the mixture and arrange in a baking dish. Cover with aluminium foil.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove foil and continue baking 10 minutes until stuffing is lightly browned. May be served hot or cold.
What an inaccurate recipe, there is no way that these quantities will fill 8 large capsicums. 250g of mince and 1/2 a cup of rice........... i don't think so!! As for the taste, not nice until I added worstershire sauce, vegetta, and chicken stock plus garlic, what a dissapointment, will never cook this again. - 27 Sep 2012