1 / 1 Picture by: betts4147
Chilled Raspberry Cheesecake
- 3/4 cup digestive biscuit crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (220g) white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 300g frozen raspberries, partially thawed
Preparation:25min › Cook:8min › Extra time:3hours chilling › Ready in:3hours33min
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Thoroughly grease a 20x30cm baking pan and set aside.
- Stir together the biscuit crumbs, melted butter and sugar in a bowl until well blended. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake the crust in preheated oven until golden, about 8 minutes.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg yolks on high speed until thick and lemon coloured. Add the softened cream cheese, sugar and salt. Beginning on low speed and increasing to high, beat until smooth.
- Place the egg whites in a large bowl and beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the heavy cream in a bowl and beat until stiff. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the raspberries in a blender. Cover and blend on low speed until berries soften. Swirl half the berries into the cream cheese mixture. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the crust.
- Spoon the remaining raspberries on top of the cream cheese mixture. Use a knife to swirl the berries into the cream cheese, making a red and white swirl pattern.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil. Place in freezer for at least 3 hours. When ready to serve, let stand 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!