1 / 3
2 / 3
3 / 3
19 people made this
This is an versatile fruitcake recipe in that it can either be baked as a basic loaf fruitcake or as individual biscuits. Both versions are delicious.
1 cup (185g) packed brown sugar
1 cup (250ml) water
1 cup raisins
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
3/4 teaspoon bicarb soda
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup dates, pitted and chopped
1/2 cup mixed fruit peel, chopped
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease one loaf tin.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook together the sugar, water, raisins, butter and salt. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Sift together the flour, bicarb soda, ginger and cinnamon. Stir into the cooled cooked mixture.
- Add the chopped dates, mixed peel, nuts and dried fruit.
- Pour into loaf tin and bake for 1 hour. If making biscuits, drop by the teaspoon on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate