13 people made this
Here's a great appetiser for a dinner party: individual servings of yabbies braised with fresh mushrooms in butter and white wine, then spiced with chilli flakes.
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
500g peeled yabby tails
1/4 cup (30g) plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
2 cups (500ml) milk
paprika, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Lightly grease 4 small to medium sized ramekins.
- In a frypan, melt the butter and add mushrooms and white wine; simmer for about 8 minutes. Add the yabby tails and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Gradually blend in flour, salt and chilli flakes. Slowly drizzle in the milk, stirring constantly and cook until mixture thickens.
- Pour mixture into the prepared ramekins. Sprinkle the top of each with a pinch of paprika.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate