1 / 1 Picture by: SunnyByrd
Clams with Chorizo
- 24 small clams (pipis) in shell, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup polenta
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- 1 (375ml) can or bottle dark beer
- 1 cup (250ml) clam juice or seafood stock
- 1 (800g) tin crushed roma tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons diced fresh oregano
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Place clams in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Stir in polenta. Let stand for about 20 minutes. Rinse clams thoroughly before cooking.
- Heat the olive oil and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. When the garlic is fragrant add the chorizo, onion and chilli flakes. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes then pour in about 3/4 of the beer. Let simmer for a few more minutes then add the clam juice, tomatoes and rinsed clams.
- Cover and simmer until all clams have opened. Season with oregano, salt and pepper before serving. Drink or discard remaining beer.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!