1 / 1
23 people made this
Although we call this a seafood bake it is actually simmered over a stove top. A saucepan is layered with potatoes, clams, mussels and prawns before being covered in chicken stock.
8 medium red potatoes, scrubbed
500g clams in shell, scrubbed
500g mussels, cleaned and debearded
250g unpeeled large prawns
1 1/2 litres chicken stock
1/4 cup (60ml) dry vermouth
185g butter, divided
1 loaf French bread
- Place the potatoes in a layer in the bottom of a large saucepan. Cover with a layer of clams, then mussels and finally the prawns.
- Pour in the vermouth and enough chicken stock to fill the saucepan halfway. You may not need all of the stock depending on the size of your saucepan.
- Cut half of the butter into cubes and place on top of the seafood. Cover with a lid and seal tightly with aluminium foil.
- Bring to a boil then simmer over medium-low heat for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the heat then carefully remove the foil and lid. Remove the seafood and potatoes from the liquid to serve.
- Melt 1/2 remaining butter and divide into 4 individual dishes for dipping. Serve with the rest of the butter and French bread.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate