1 / 1
13 people made this
Perfect with a glass of milk these biscuits are all about coffee but with a touch of chocolate too. Ideal for a morning or afternoon tea.
2 teaspoons instant coffee
2 tablespoons coffee-flavoured liqueur
250g butter, softened
3/4 cup (125g) brown sugar
1 cup (220g) white sugar
2 1/2 cups (310g) plain flour
1/3 cup (30g) cocoa
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
- In a small bowl dissolve the instant coffee into the coffee liqueur; set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Gradually add eggs and coffee mixture while mixing.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and salt then stir into the creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a baking tray. The biscuits should be at least 5cm apart.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes. Immediately transfer biscuits to a cake rack after baking. These keep well at room temperature or refrigerated.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate