1 / 1 Picture by: momof2
Vegetarian Pasta Bake
- 900g tomato pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 pinch white pepper, to taste
- 250g rotini or spiral pasta
- 185g artificial chicken tenders, cut in half
- 60g grated mozzarella cheese
Preparation:10min › Cook:35min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat an oven to 165 degrees C.
- Bring the pasta sauce, basil, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, garlic and white pepper to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and keep at a simmer.
- Fill a large saucepan with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling stir in the rotini and return to a boil. Cook uncovered stirring occasionally until the pasta has cooked through but is still firm to the bite; about 8 minutes. When the rotini is nearly ready, stir in the artificial chicken. Drain well.
- Spread half of the pasta sauce into the bottom of a casserole dish then add the drained pasta mixture. Pour the remaining sauce on top of the pasta then sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese. Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned; about 20 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!