1 / 1 Picture by: PoisonIvy250
Chicken Stewed with Mushrooms and Rosemary
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 150g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 500g chicken thighs
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 Nicoise or small black olives
Preparation:15min › Cook:1hour15min › Ready in:1hour30min
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Stir in mushrooms and cook until soft. Remove to a plate.
- Wipe out frypan and heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Place garlic, rosemary and chicken thighs in hot oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, turning chicken, until chicken and garlic are well browned.
- Return mushrooms to frypan and sprinkle chilli flakes over chicken. Pour in white wine, scraping the bottom of the frypan with a wooden spoon. Cook about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; cover, and simmer gently for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle tomatoes and olives over chicken, return cover, and cook about 5 minutes more.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!