1 / 1
280 people made this
This is an easy and rich cheesecake that is made in a square cake tin then is sliced to serve. I like to serve with fresh fruits.
85g butter, softened
1/3 cup (60g) brown sugar
1 cup (125g) sifted plain flour
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup (60g) white sugar
250g cream cheese
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Pastry: Cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the flour and chopped nuts then stir until mixture becomes crumbly. Set aside 1/4 cup to use as a topping.
- Press pastry mixture into 20cm square cake tin and bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on rack.
- Filling: Beat together the white sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla then mix well.
- Spread filling mixture over baked crust. Sprinkle reserved mixture on as a topping.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool on a cake rack then refrigerate. Slice to serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate