1 / 1 Picture by: slowandsteady84
Stir Fried Chicken with Cashews
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 2 cups diced chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (250g) tin bamboo shoots, drained and diced
- 1 (250g) tin water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1/3 cup cornflour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cold water
- 1 cup cashews
Preparation:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium high heat. Saute chicken until it turns white then season with salt and pepper.
- Add stock, soy sauce, celery, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts. Cover frypan then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Beat cornflour and water together in a small bowl then blend into frypan mixture and heat through until thick and bubbly. Sprinkle with cashews and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!